One of the most exciting projects undertaken by Mapei, the best building materials supplier in UAE, Bollywood Parks Dubai is the first park of its kind in the world. You can explore distinct worlds inspired by the greatest Bollywood blockbusters in six unique zones. Each zone is complete with several pulse-racing attractions and rides like- Bollywood Skyflyer, Wheel of Stars, Tanga No. 13, Lagaan-Thrill of Victory, Sholay-Hunt for Gabbar Singh, Crossroads, Rangmanch, Rajmahal Theatre and much more.
The 1.7-million-sq-ft park offers visitors six hotels, 16 cinematic rides, six themed restaurants, a giant 850-seat Rajmahal theatre, an extraordinary Taj Mahal-style centerpiece, 400 performers and 30 different shows per day, to name a few.
The park is predominantly outdoors, therefore, Mapei had to come forward with one-stop solutions for adhesive products and concrete repairs. The manufacturers were required to be resistant to the very high heat and humidity prevalent in the UAE. Secondly, with millions of guests predicted, the grouting solution used had to be the best in Dubai. It had to be able to withstand the possibility for tremendous wear and tear. Mapei’s adhesives and grouts were used extensively across the park, successfully overcoming a variety of construction challenges.
Products used by Mapei, the leading building materials supplier in UAE in undertaking this exciting project are:
- Adesilex P9 was recommended by Mapei as the leading adhesive solution for the porcelain tiles, which required a high-performance cementitious adhesive with no vertical slip and a long open duration.
- Keraflex Maxi S1 was chosen for high-traffic areas that also required some deformability.
- Mapei had a competitive advantage thanks to its Kerapoxy and Kerapoxy Design product lines, which cover a wide spectrum of colors and complemented the park's vibrant Bollywood theme, along with being a great adhesive product.
- For the indoor and outdoor grouting of the park's floor and wall marble coverings, Kerapoxy, a two-component acid-resistant epoxy grout, was utilized.
- Meanwhile, decorative finishes in both indoor and outdoor spaces were achieved with Kerapoxy Design, a two-component decorative epoxy resin-based grout.
Mapei was tasked with providing installation services for a total of 13 buildings, stores, and restaurants, and it prides itself on a job well-done.