More than five years in the making, the Sharjah mosque is the largest mosque in Sharjah, with the ability to accommodate up to 25000 worshippers. A symbol of everlasting faith, the mosque has been designed in a particular way to reflect a unique Islamic architectural style.
The building of the mosque spans across 185, 806 square metres, and the total area of the mosque comes to 2 million square feet. The interior and exterior architecture of the mosque is so marvelous that anyone who visits this religious abode cannot leave without seeing it all.
Mapei Constructions was given this contract by Darwish Engineering to help with the water-proofing of the areas that feature water, grouting of the water substrate, and white marble cladding of five external landscaped structures.
The Mapei products used in the construction of the Sharjah Mosque are:
- All the areas that featured water was water-proofed with MAPELASTIC SMART and the grouting was done with KERAPOXY.
- The grouting for the water current substrate that was there was undertaken with ULTRACOLOR PLUS range.
- The five external landscaped structures that required white marble cladding were fixed with KERAFLEX MAXI S1 ADHESIVE.
- The high-performance cementitious adhesive KERAFLEX.
- MAPESET, a cement based adhesive for tiles was used for internal and external bonding of ceramic tiles.
- The white colored, high-performance cementitious adhesive, ADESILEX P10 was also used.
- KERAPOXY DESIGN, an anti-acid, decorative, translucent epoxy mortar was used for grouting tiles together.
- The neutral silicone, mould-resistant sealant MAPESIL LM was used for sealing the tiles.