We work with the lead architect of the project to develop a hybrid restoration system for two main restoration issues: the vibrations coming from the nearby underpass and the humidity that already exists in the walls to be refinished.
Due to lack of maintenance and other environmental factors, the facade of the building of the faculty of architecture and civil engineering of the University of Guanajuato began to crumble three years ago. The challenge was to restore the facade with new reinforced materials capable of withstanding the various environmental pressures to which the building is exposed daily, such as:
a. Vibrations caused by a traffic underpass located just under the building's main entrance.
b. Humidity caused by a lack of waterproofing of the original construction materials
c. Materials used on the wall finishing were coming to the end of their useful life
In addition to the façade needing to be restored, it also had to be painted following the color scheme that is compliant with the building codes of the city of Guanajuato as a world heritage site.
The MAPEI local distributor along with MAPEI technical department work with the lead architect of the project to develop a hybrid restoration system for two main restoration issues: the vibrations coming from the nearby underpass and the humidity that already exists in the walls to be refinished.
A combination of structural reinforcement grids and nets were employed:
1. Mapenet 150 in combination with Mapei Ecolastic to address a general wall finishing and the humidity of the walls
2. Mapenet 40 in the upper part of the walls (which experience the most vibrations)
3. Mapegrid 120 to reinforce the veneer elements and address the vibration issues
4. Mapei - Vitruvio Repello base as a base coat to the overall wall finishing
5. Mapei – Vitruvio Afine as a wall finishing coat
6. Mape - antique Rinzaffo as a base mortar
7. Mapeantique Ecolastic for waterproofing
8. Consolidante 8020 for green limestone consolidation
Date de début et de fin
Type de demande
Restauration de maconnerie
María del Carmen Pérez Díaz
Lien vers la page de détails
Pièces jointes complémentaires
Vous pouvez télécharger ici tous les documents associés à ce projet