PVC Waterstops are used to create water-tight construction and expansion joints in underground reinforced concrete structures in order to avoid the ingress of water from the water table; as well as to contain water in water retaining structures which have structural joints. Mapei’s range of Idrostop PVC waterstops create an impenetrable barrier to water across both construction and expansion joints in water retaining structures. Embedded in concrete, across and/or along the joint, waterstops form a watertight diaphragm that prevents the movement of water through the joint.
Mapei’s PVC waterstops meet the most demanding applications:
- Ideal for movement joints.
- Suitable for above or below ground applications.
- Suitable in ‘drinking water’ water tanks.
- Water and sewage treatment facilities.
- Liquid retaining structures such as dams, canals water reservoirs, lock and aqueducts.
- Tunnels and culverts.
- Foundations and basements.
- Parking decks, bridge decks and abutments.
- Elevator pits, roof and floor slabs.
- Primary and secondary containment structures.
Idrostop PVC is a highly flexible waterstop made from high-quality thermo-plastic vinyl resins, forming a product with good resistance to mechanical stresses, aggressive chemical action in alkaline environments, sea-water and acids. Idrostop PVC is used within concrete structures exposed to temperatures from -30°C to +70°C and is highly resistant to damage caused by sunlight, ozone and other aggressive agents present in the atmosphere and water table.
The dimensions and type of Idrostop PVC used for each application generally depends on the following parameters:
· type of structure
· amount and type of movements predicted (e.g. no movement, axial movement, a combination of axial and transversal movements, etc.);
· thickness of the cast concrete
Contact Mapei South Africa for professional advice on your site’s watertight requirements!