Permanent encapsulation of asbestos cement.
Use Aquaflex System cycle for the permanent encapsulation of type A (external view), B (internal view) and C (no view, before confinement) in compliance with the August 20, 1999 Italian Ministerial Decree, of asbestos cement structures exposed to atmospheric agents, therefore subject to progressive degradation, with emerging and release of asbestos fibre. The system is made up of two products of certified quality by authorised laboratories:
- Primer for Aquaflex: ready-to-use synthetic resin in solvent solution based compound that can penetrate into the degraded material binding the fibres to each other and to the cement matrix. It forms the anchorage base for the next encapsulation layer.
- Aquaflex: it is a one-component light grey elastomeric resin, in water dispersion based encapsulating coating. As prescribed by August 20, 1999 Ministerial Decree, the product must be applied in two contrasting coloured coats, because over time the appearance of the colour of the first coat indicates the need to carry out a new encapsulation cycle. The product is ready-to-use, but to make application easier, it can be diluted with 3% water by weight.
The Aquaflex System is classified as a class 1 product according to fire resistance regulations (UNI 8457-9174).
- Primer for Aquaflex: 160 g/m2 (wet) per coat;
- Aquaflex: 300-450 g/m2 (wet) per coat.
- Primer for Aquaflex: 5 kg ADR/RID approved packaging;
- Aquaflex: 25-10-5 kg buckets.