Mapelastic Smart by Mapei has been ideal for all waterproofing works from large site work to small restoration works.
Having waterproofed over 300 million sq m of surfaces all around the world, Mapelastic Smart, a two-component, highly flexible cementitious membrane, has a long, worldwide track record of preventing concrete deterioration and costly repairs. It accomplishes this by providing exceptional waterproofing and protection from chemical attack by de-icing salts, sulphates, chlorides and carbon dioxide.
Designed for all
Spray-or trowel-applied, Mapelastic Smart is designed for industrial and commercial applications including hydraulic projects such as channels and faces of dams and concrete bridges as well as balconies, terraces and swimming pools. In addition, it has excellent bonding properties to all properly prepared concrete, masonry, ceramic and marble surfaces while remaining flexible under all environmental conditions.
It can be used for:
• Waterproofing bathrooms, showers, balconies, terraces, fountains, swimming pools, etc, before the installation of ceramic tile and natural stone.
• Waterproofing retaining walls and precast concrete elements embedded in the ground.
• Protection against the penetration of carbon dioxide into concrete pillars, concrete joints, and road and railway viaducts repaired with products from MAPEI’s Planitop or Mapegrout lines, as well as structures with an insufficient layer of concrete covering reinforcement rods.
• Protection of concrete surfaces that can come into contact with seawater, de-icing salts (such as sodium or calcium chloride and sulphates.)
• Protection of cementitious renders or concrete with cracks due to shrinkage, minor movement caused by thermal gradients or dynamic stresses due to the passage of vehicles, against infiltration of water and aggressive elements from the atmosphere.
• Protection of render and concrete with shrinkage-produced cracks against atmospheric elements.
Mapelastic Smart meets the requirements defined by EN 1504-9 (Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures – Definitions, requirements, quality control and evaluation of conformity – General principles for the use of products and systems) and the minimum requirements claimed by EN 1504-2 coating (C) according to the PI, MC and IR principles (Protection systems for concrete surfaces.)
High performance resin flooring:
The Mapefloor CPU range includes five products to its industrial flooring line.
1. Mapefloor CPU/MF system is a self-smoothing multi-function mortar which has high resistance to chemicals for coating industrial floors in layers of 3-6 mm thick. It can be used to create a durable smooth or textured finish for floors in demanding areas.
2. Mapefloor CPU/HD system is a high strength polyurethane cement-based mortar, specifically designed with high resistance to chemicals for coating industrial floors in layers of 6-9 mm.
3. Mapefloor CPU/MF ASsystem is a polyurethane-cement floor topping with special conductive fillers. Floors finished with these are electrically conductive and resistant to chemical substances. It can be applied in thickness from 3 mm-4 mm and is available in standard colours.
4. Mapefloor CPU/Cove is a three-component polyurethane or cement-based mortar, which can be used to create coves, mould fillets and create seamless walls and floors within the industrial sector.
5. Mapecoat CF AP is in two parts and is ideal for coating walls and for finishing coats on the CPU products as well as coves, offering a smooth ‘top-coat’ finish. All products can be applied on ‘Early Age Concrete’ and can be used in conjunction with Mapei’s range of fast-drying screeds, admixtures and sealant products.