Current systems for treating returned concrete do not offer a sustainable solution in that they:
- Have a negative impact on the environment
- Do not make the best use of potentially recyclable material
- Increase overall operating costs
Re-con Zero from Mapei is a solution to these problems, making the most of returned concrete by transforming it into granular material that can be re-used as aggregate in concrete giving environmental advantages:
- With Re-con Zero, returned concrete may be completely re-utlised, thus reducing the amount of waste material to be disposed of.
- With Re-con Zero, the amount of recycled material employed increases, thus reducing the impact caused by the extraction and processing of virgin materials
- With Re-con Zero, the amount of materials transported by road decreases, due to the fact that part of the aggregates are produced at concrete plants.