From Realtà Mapei n° 31 - 7/8/2020
MAPEI supports foundation’s efforts to build homes for wounded veterans
Gary Sinise, the namesake founder of the Gary Sinise Foundation, always says, “While we can never do enough for our defenders and their loved ones, we can always do a little more.” In that spirit, MAPEI Corporation is proud of our ongoing work with the Foundation’s R.I.S.E. (Restoring Independence Supporting Empowerment) program, which builds 100% mortgage-free, specially adapted smart homes for the brave men and women who have been wounded in the service of our country.
Since the most recent Realtà MAPEI North America article on the subject – “Homes, Sweet Homes” (RMNA #29), which featured U.S. Army Captain (Retired) Jake Murphy and his family – MAPEI has contributed to the following homes:
- U.S. Army CW5 Gary Linfoot, May 2019, in Clarksville, TN
- U.S. Marine Corps CPL Chad Watson, October 2019, in Manhattan, IL
- U.S. Marine Corps SSGT Jesse Cottle, November 2019, in Eagle, ID
- U.S. Army SGT Stefan LeRoy, December 2019, in Jupiter, FL
- U.S. Army MAJ Jeremy Haynes, January 2020, in Clifton, VA
As of this writing, the following homes are under construction and nearing completion:
- U.S. Air Force TSGT Matthew Slaydon, in Bayfield, CO
- U.S. Army SSG Casey Jones, in Sevierville, TN
- U.S. Army SSG Rico Roman, in Brush Prairie, WA
To learn more about the R.I.S.E. program, visit www.garysinisefoundation.org/specially-adapted-smart-homes/.