From Realtà Mapei n° 32 - 2/16/2021
MAPEI introduced UltraCare Stone, Tile & Grout Care Solutions at Surfaces 2013 in Las Vegas and hasn’t looked back since. MAPEI is known for all things underneath and in between stone and tile installations. So with UltraCare, MAPEI entered into the care and maintenance world of all things on top of tile, stone and grout.
The line was developed to be high-performance, user-friendly and cost-competitive. MAPEI is proud to own the chemistry of this line, allowing for complete control of the entire production process. From the purchasing of raw materials, to the blending, packaging and shipping procedures, MAPEI is intricately involved every step of the way. All UltraCare products are made and packaged in our plant in Garland, TX, and then shipped on MAPEI trucks to be stocked in each of our six U.S. facilities. This strategic stocking greatly improves logistics by getting the product to the distributors faster. MAPEI’s Technical Services team provides product support to customers, and our national sales and architectural teams provide sales and specification support to the distributors, contractors and dealers.
The UltraCare line offers 23 products that encompass four categories: Sealers, Cleaners, Finishes and Problem-Solvers. Each category is packed with high-performance, easy-to-use products that get results.
The products within the Problem-Solvers category consist of:
- Grout Release, a sacrificial coating that protects the tile from
grout stains and reduces the risk of grout haze.
- Epoxy Grout Haze Remover, made to safely remove tough epoxy grout haze, without the harmful or toxic effects of other products.
- Heavy-Duty Sealer & Coating Stripper, the “big brother” to the Epoxy Grout Haze Remover. It is made to safely remove latex-based paint, urethane finishes, adhesives and epoxy residue.
- Cement Grout Haze Remover, which works effectively on all cement-based grout haze, as well as removing mortar residue.
- Sulfamic Acid Crystals, which removes efflorescence, cement-based grout haze and mineral deposits.
- Grout Refresh™, which color-seals grout and is available in 40 MAPEI grout colors.
“The Problem-Solvers category is a great foot in the door,” said Dave Mowery, Business Manager, TSIS Color Products & UltraCare. “When you start solving problems, you start making friends. Once the contractor uses the products and sees that they work and, more importantly, how they got him out of a jam, they become a customer for life. That’s the beginning of a great relationship.”
The Sealers category is composed of several penetrating/impregnating sealers that produce a natural, unchanged appearance to the surface. They also are vapor-permeable, allowing water to “breathe” out of the surface while remaining water-repellant, and are available in both water- and oil-based options.
The Finishes category consists of High-Gloss Sealer & Finish and Low-Sheen Sealer & Finish. Along with sealing and protecting the surface, both products can provide a change in surface sheen. Plus, they produce a scuff- and mar-resistant finish that is easily maintained.
The Cleaners category offers a variety of cleaning products:
- Concentrated Tile & Grout Cleaner is a highly concentrated, neutral cleaner for daily maintenance and cleaning of natural stone, tile and grout. Plus, it won’t harm the protective sealer.
- Three products – Everyday Stone, Tile & Grout Cleaner; Everyday Stone, Tile & Grout Cleaner & Resealer; and Everyday Stone Clean & Polish – are great for maintaining natural stone and quartz countertops, tile backsplashes and grout.
- Heavy-Duty Stone, Tile & Grout Cleaner is a highly concentrated, alkaline cleaner and degreaser. It’s made to quickly dissolve organic soiling, such as dirt, grease and oil. It is safe for use on all, ceramic and porcelain tile, grouts and natural stone, including polished marble. Also, it removes cement grout haze, acrylic and urethane grout residue, and synthetic floor finishes.
- Abrasive Surface Cleaner doesn’t require any dwell time and uses mild abrasive qualities to remove ground-in dirt, grime, rust stains, mineral deposits and light grout haze from ceramic tile, porcelain tile and natural stone surfaces. Abrasive Surface Cleaner can work in combination with Heavy-Duty Stone, Tile & Grout Cleaner to provide the “one-two punch” of a powerful, alkaline cleaner with added abrasive qualities. Excellent for use on heavily textured and hard-to-clean surfaces, it removes most factory-applied waxes and “transit coatings.”
- Acidic Tile & Grout Cleaner is a concentrated cleaner, made to safely remove cement grout haze, mortar residue, mineral deposits and efflorescence from tile and grout.
MAPEI’s line of UltraCare products has quietly been making gains into wholesale distribution, retail and web presence, building a strong and loyal supply base. By offering high-performance products, combined with excellent representation and technical support, MAPEI has set the bar high for care and maintenance products for stone, tile and grout. Talk with your MAPEI sales representative today to find out more.
About the author:
Nick joined MAPEI in 2012 as the technical expert for the UltraCare line. He has been involved in the floor care and maintenance industry for more than 35 years, including 28 years as owner of a company that
manufactured floor care and maintenance products. While his experience includes an in-depth knowledge of products, Nick also understands the major issues and problems that can arise with the surfaces to be protected and has solutions for these challenges. In charge of training MAPEI’s sales and technical service teams, Nick is even more importantly the in-the-field resource for MAPEI’s customers and end users.