Commitment to Sustainability
In the process of developing innovative new products, MAPEI researchers are also committed to reducing the carbon footprint of our products on the environment whenever possible. MAPEI products developed with MAPEI's "green innovation" are LEED-compatible, helping to contribute valuable points toward LEED-certified projects.How flooring products work with LEED
LEED certification applies only to building projects, not to products or services. However, while products cannot be LEED-certified, they can help to contribute toward earning “green building” status for new construction and existing buildings. Using environmentally friendly flooring products can contribute toward LEED certification in up to 7 areas:
* Points are awarded based on contributions of all project materials.
- MR Credit 4, Recycled Content*
- MR Credit 5, Regional Materials*
- MR Credit 6, Rapidly Renewable Materials
- IEQ Credit 3.2, Construction IAQ Management Plan – Before Occupancy
- IEQ Credit 4.1, Low-Emitting Materials – Adhesives & Sealants
- IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials – Paints & Coatings
- IEQ Credit 4.3, Low-Emitting Materials – Flooring Systems
Click here to see MAPEI’s 2015 Annual Sustainability Report.