Mapei brings to the market a new software programme, the first and only one of its kind, to define the correct specifications for concrete used for structural works in the civil and industrial engineering sectors in compliance with 2018 Technical Standards of Construction.
This software will provide invaluable support for design engineers, and all those operating in this particular sector, by helping them determine the correct specifications for concrete to ensure it meets the performance standards required in all the various conditions and for all the case studies applied in the design of civil and industrial structures.
The software works by referencing the main norms and standards applied to construction work and concrete:
- Italian Technical Standards of Construction (NTC) according to Ministerial Decree 2009;
- EN 206:2016: Concrete – Specification, performance, production and conformity;
- UNI 11104:2016: Concrete – Specification, performance, production and conformity – Additional provisions for the application of EN 206;
- Guidelines for placing structural concrete: Supreme Council for Public Works, Central Technical Service, January 2018;
- Guidelines for evaluating the characteristics of placed concrete: Supreme Council for Public Works, Central Technical Service, January 2018;
- Other applicable UNI norms and standards.
The tool is used in conjunction with courses and practical demonstrations provided by Mapei Training, as well as in collaboration with various chartered bodies and trade associations, aimed at promoting a deeper understanding and more awareness of the norms and standards and best practices to adopt when using Mapei products in the construction of concrete structures so that they are more durable and reliable.
To consult the software tool, click on the link below: